Work-Life Balance .
Work forms a major aspect of our lives, but at SweetSpot, we don’t believe it should be the be-all and end-all. Families, hobbies, fitness, education, travelling – whatever floats your boat, we want you to have the time and energy to pursue what makes you happy.
By working smarter, not harder, we maximise productivity during work hours which means that we are free to live healthy, balanced lives. With a relaxed and flexible attitude to office hours and remote opportunities, every member of our team is able to tailor their day towards their skillset and needs. Most importantly, we aim to come to work with creative ideas brimming and smiles on our faces.
Vacation and Parental Leave .
We know how important it is that your mind and body get a break, so we have a generous vacation allowance to ensure that everyone gets the time off that they need to stay healthy and happy. As a family-oriented company, we put enormous value on spending time with your loved ones.
When this comes to welcoming in a new member of the family, we recognise that this can be one of the most special events in a person’s life, so we offer flexible parental leave. By designing your time off to suit your needs, you have the opportunity to care for and bond with your new child with the full support of your colleagues.
Inclusion & Diversity .
In order to tell stories which are of global significance, our team must reflect the world. We are committed to embracing diversity, with members of our company from all corners of the earth. As an equal opportunity employer, we strive to foster a diverse team from all walks of life, because the more diverse we are as a company, the stronger our content can be. By cultivating a working environment where all voices and perspectives have the opportunity to be heard, we ensure that our work is the best it can be. This is why we are dedicated to empowering individuals of all genders, ages, creeds and colours.
We’re constantly on the hunt for new employees with a wide range of different perspectives and backgrounds, so we welcome applications from anywhere in the world. Training and professional growth is a large part of our ethos, and we believe in growing into roles, so potential and a positive attitude are the only base requirements you need.
Current Openings .
Head of Business Development (m/f/d)
Full-Time / Mid-Senior / Sweet Spot PR / Operations
Sweet Spot PR is a leading digital marketing agency specialised in data-driven content designed to bridge the gap between journalism and public relations. We help our clients to scale their online visibility and improve their SEO by securing top-tier coverage in news outlets around the world.
As our team is expanding and our business is growing, we are now looking for an experienced Head of Business Development, with prior agency experience and an existing network, to lead operationally our way to scale.
As Sweet Spot is made of a small team with high expertise, with flat hierarchies, the Head of Business Development will have the chance to work mostly independently, while interacting and connecting, on a daily basis, with the Creative team, Project Management, and Content development and distribution.
This role is perfectly suitable for professionals with a high degree of ownership, a doer personality and a nearly obsessively client-oriented attitude.
You feel comfortable with these responsibilities
- You will have end-to-end responsibility for the management of the whole B2B sales funnel, from the generation of sales opportunities to the growth of existing accounts
- You will be responsible for revenue management, P&L, monetization and pricing model development
- You will coordinate the Business Development’s OKRs
- You will manage the CRM (currently, Pipedrive)
- You will work hand-in-hand with operations as well as the department leads to insure that the clients get a state-of-the-art service, in line with the contractual agreements
- You will work as a mentor for colleagues and external stakeholders to constantly improve the quality of their and your work
You match this profile
- You have worked previously in a digital marketing, SEO, social media marketing, digital PR or advertising agency, with a proven track of success (key aspect)
- You have 5+ years of experience in sales, business development, sales operations and consulting, ideally, at least partially, with a leading role
- You have a proven record of success in conceptualizing and managing a sales pipeline of over 1M in value, with >50-100K/month in signed contracts
- You have prior experience in preparing, applying and winning tenders
- You have a good attitude towards your colleagues, clients, and partners, take your responsibilities seriously, and provide with only constructive feedback
- You like working in a performance and growth-oriented, fast paced, and demanding environment
- You analyse data to understand problems and propose/present solutions to fix them
- You act as a mentor
- You drive the adoption of a continuous improvement mindset and culture within the team
- You are experienced with OKR, both conceptually and concretely, ideally with a leading role in the implementation
- You are very familiar with 1 or more of the main CRM softwares (Salesforce, Pipedrive, Hubspot, etc.)
- You are proficient in English and at least another European language. German is preferable.
You posses some of these good-to-haves
- You have an in-depth understanding of at least one field between SEO and Digital PR
- You are proficient in using Google Sheets/Excel
- You master a third European language or more
You value what we have got to offer
- Direct report to the company’s Managing Director
- A flexible start-up mentality with the chance to be a key player in an exciting venture
- A humain, people-centered, fun and friendly working environment that values personal and professional growth
- Flexible working hours, remote policy, and high level of trust (rare to find!)
- A 75-25% salary structure, with fixed and variable components to incentivize you to grow
To apply for the Project Lead position, please send at careers at sweetspotpr dot com the following:
- Your CV
- Your customised cover letter (max. 1 page)
- Your references, including contact details, from previous or current jobs
Sweet Spot PR is a leading digital marketing agency specialising in data-driven content designed to bridge the gap between journalism and public relations. We help our clients to scale their online visibility and improve their SEO by securing top-tier coverage in news outlets around the world.
As the volume of our projects and our business are growing, we are now expanding our network of resources in the field of web development, web design, UX and UI, to be able to cope with the different and increasingly sophisticated needs of our clients.
We are looking for experienced UX/UI professionals, in the form of external contractors, to add to our network, to guarantee more capacity while keeping our quality standards high and communication flows smooth.
This role is perfectly suitable for small-medium agencies as well as freelancers. The collaboration will be from a remote capacity but within a timezone that can guarantee full availability during German working hours.
See an example of work we have done recently (not always a positive benchmark but a good starting point):
Proven experience with the most relevant web design tools (e.g. Bootstrap, Web Frameworks, …)
Proven experience with one or multiple CMSs, e.g. WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, PrestaShop, Shopify, Magento, Webflow, Jekyll, Gatsby, Django
Project Management experience via standard PM platforms, e.g. Trello, Asana
Experience with infographics and other data showcase design elements
Regular inflow of projects
Flexibility and passion
How to apply
Write a short cover letter, explaining why you are interested in working with us and why your expertise matches our requirements
Share your hourly or per-project pricing
Share your portfolio and especially examples that match our requirements and:
Describe in short the context and the client’s requirements
Give an overview of the steps and timeline to deliver the results
Add a reference to the pricing (price/hour*nr of hours)